ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Prior <spr...@geekster.com>
Subject Does ivy add any default filters used by the ant copy task?
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 22:55:33 GMT
I know this is a long shot, but I'm running out of ideas.  I'm trying to build a
war file from ant using ivy dependencies, but the resulting war file is not
working and I've determined that the .class files built in the webapp project
itself are getting corrupted during an ant copy task.  After some research I see
that this is possible if you have any filters enabled, but as far as I know I
don't have any, yet the corruption happens anyway.  The code for the copy
invocation is:

<copy todir="${dir.build.tmp}/WEB-INF/classes">
    <fileset dir="${dir.build.classes.main}">
       <include name="**/*.class"/>
       <include name="**/*.properties"/>
    </fileset>
</copy>

See, no filters at all.

So the question is by any chance does the inclusion of ivy into the mix by some
chance add in any global filters which might be kicking in and causing the
problem?  This problem is happening on a Windows XP machine.  I haven't done
anything to set LANG because as far as I know it's needed when filters are
involved and I don't (knowingly) have any.  If not, any other ideas?

I'm asking on this list because even though you don't see any ivy code in the
above fragment, it's all around it in the build.xml I'm using.

Thanks in advance
Steve