ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Oulds <jonathan_ou...@mcafee.com>
Subject Re: Best Practice for producing customised builds
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 10:06:17 GMT

On 03/02/2011 17:04, Niklas Matthies wrote:

> I guess you'd like to express the fact that BarPoC.dll fulfills
> Foo.exe's need for a DLL that implements Bar's interface. But Ivy
> doesn't have that notion of matching implementations to interfaces.
> Rather, in your use case it's the responsibility of FooBar/FooBarPoC's
> ivy file to pick a matching implementation to go together with Foo.exe.
>
> -- Niklas Matthies

I think the missing piece of my understanding was that Ivy does not
claim to enforce a connection between implementation and interface.  As
you say this should be the responsibility of the release engineer to
ensure that sensible modules are chosen for the final package, which is
no bad thing.  It just requires a process and a bit of diligence.

Thank you for fighting through all the Foos and Bars
Joanthan