ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kendall Shaw <ks...@oreilly.com>
Subject makepom makes all dependencies optional
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2011 20:28:33 GMT
Hi,

I hope I'm just missing something. Here are the dependencies from my
ivy.xml:

<dependency org="com.oracle"
            name="oracle-jdbc"
            rev="11.2.0.2.0"/>
<dependency org="net.sourceforge.cglib"
            name="com.springsource.net.sf.cglib"
            rev="2.2.0"/>
<dependency org="org.springframework"
            name="org.springframework.asm"
            rev="3.0.5.RELEASE"/>
<dependency org="org.springframework"
            name="org.springframework.beans"
            rev="3.0.5.RELEASE"
            conf="default->compile"/>
<dependency org="org.springframework"
            name="org.springframework.context"
            rev="3.0.5.RELEASE"
            conf="default->compile"/>
<dependency org="org.springframework"
            name="org.springframework.core"
            rev="3.0.5.RELEASE"
            conf="default->compile"/>
<dependency org="org.springframework"
            name="org.springframework.expression"
            rev="3.0.5.RELEASE"/>
<dependency org="org.springframework"
            name="org.springframework.jdbc"
            rev="3.0.5.RELEASE"/>

Here is my invocation of makepom:

<ivy:makepom ivyfile="ivy.xml" pomfile="${dist.dir}/pom.xml"/>

The result is that every dependency is optional.

If I add dependency child elements specifying optional="false" for each,
it includes each dependency twice, once optional and once not. I suppose
that that makes sense, because the dependency elements specify
additional dependencies.

Is there a way for me make to make the dependencies not be optional,
other than post processing the pom.xml?

Kendall