ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andre-John Mas <aj...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: IvyDE How to get libraries into plugin?
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2011 00:48:59 GMT

On 7-Jan-2011, at 03:44, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> Le 7 janv. 2011 à 02:53, Andre-John Mas a écrit :

Ivy. The project compiles, but I can't seem to work out how to get the libraries into the
deployment, so it fails at export. Is there something I should be doing with IvyDE or with
Ivy straight?

>>> By deployment, what do you mean ?
>>> What are your dependencies ? Should they be part of your plugin or are they OSGi
bundles themselves ?

>> I am using some libraries that aren't part of Eclipse. Some are third-party and some
are in-house. They should be included in my plugin when it is created.

> You need to make IvyDE retrieve the jars into your project, in some lib folder for instance.
Then edit your plugin configuration, go in the "Runtime" tab and manually add in the "Classpath"
the jar which has been retrieved by IvyDE.

This is the part I am unclear about. If I can get IvyDE to place the libraries in the lib
directory, for example, then I can follow the usual plug-in configuration steps. How would
I get IvyDE to do this?

Andre