ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <>
Subject Re: introducing Ivy to Maven users--ideas?
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 04:24:49 GMT
Martin, at the risk of turning this into the maven-user list, you can indeed
specify dynamic version constraints on Maven dependencies. See:

Here's how you might specify the equivalent of 4.+ in Maven, though it's
admittedly a little more verbose:

And at least since Maven 2.1, you could assign a timestamp when you publish
a snapshot version to a remote repository, although it may not have been the
default. It is the default now with Maven 3.0, where you'd get something

Let me know if I'm misinterpreting your answer in some way.