ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Romain Pelisse <bela...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Ivy to download zip files from a Maven repository (nexus)
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 17:24:57 GMT
Hi Ivy users,

I used Ivy as part of my deployment tools. Our apps are packaged as zip
files and Ivy fetches them from a maven repository. So I have an ivysettings
.xml file where I declare our local repository:

<ivysettings>

  <settings defaultResolver="my-company" />

  <resolvers>

    <chain name="my-company">

      <url name="my-company">

        <ivy pattern="http://
my-company.repo/nexus/content/repositories/hosted-snapshot/com/my-company/[module]_2.8.0/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].zip"
/>
        <artifact pattern="http://
my-company.repo/nexus/content/repositories/hosted-snapshot/com/my-company/[module]_2.8.0/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].zip"
/>
      </url>

(look like a hack  if you ask me - especially the hard coded url prefix
'com/my-company' and the hard coded file type, but it was the only I find to
have this working)

And then I have such a configuration in the ivy.xml file:

<dependencies>

  <dependency org="my-company" name="apps" rev="0.2.0-SNAPSHOT"/>

</dependencies>

Because of the "hackyness" feeling I get from the ivy-settngs.xml.

Am I missing something here ? Did I misunderstand the XML semantics of Ivy
and end up writing a rather bizarre configuration ?

--
Romain PELISSE,
*"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will