ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject introducing Ivy to Maven users--ideas?
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 17:51:26 GMT
I’m doing a presentation on Ivy for my local Java user group. The intended
target audience: developers who are new to Ivy but have hands-on experience
with Maven dependency management. Actually, I’m pairing this talk with a
colleague’s talk on Maven 3. See:
http://seajug.org/

Of course, I’m making sure to use the following page as a resource:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/m2comparison.html

But let me throw this out to the community too. Any ideas on how to help
developers “get” Ivy at a high level? Key similarities to Maven, differences
with Maven, synergies with Maven beyond what that page lists? I know one
area I'd like to touch on is the role of repository managers. Are there use
cases or lessons learned from experience you’d like me to share?

Please, no Maven-bashing. And a broader discussion of build tools beyond
Ivy’s place in them is beyond the scope of this brief presentation.

Thanks, all.