ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Romain Pelisse <bela...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Downloading new snapshot (trigger by timestamp)
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 17:38:58 GMT
After a careful reading of this part of documentation :
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/concept.html#change, I
start to suspect what maybe my issue.

As it is rather clearly describe (a tribute to Ivy documentation quality),
an artifact with the same revision can be perceived as "new" by Ivy only if
it meta data changes (ie it's pom.xml). However, in my case, if I do publish
a new pom.xml this one is differently named than the .zip file. (Indeed, as
I mention earlier on, I don't use Ivy to download jars but actually zip
files - those zip files contained package applications).

So I guess, it boils down to how Ivy consider as meta data and what do it
actively checks ?

I guess I could simply run Ivy in debug mode to learn that, but if one of
you could help me (and spare this annoying task) I'll appreciate it greatly
:)