ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Hello and a quick proposition
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:49:03 GMT
Hi Chris,

> I'm Chris and I'm an Ant & Ivy user :)
>
> I'm build manager for a project over at Eclipse and we are using Ant/Ivy but also we
want to pull in dependencies (OSGi bundles) from Eclipse P2 repos that our project needs to
build with. I've Googled around plenty and can't find any way of doing this so I have raised
an enhancement request on the P2 project over at Eclipse.

> So, am I right in saying there is no way to do this with an existing Ivy resolver?
> Also, would such a feature be useful to anyone else I'm wondering?

Actually, recently Ivy got a code donation from Bushel [1] so it can now support some OSGi
dependency management.
Some early documentation can be found on the site [2].

And even more recently (last week), I started to try to implement a parser of "old school"
Eclipse update site [3] and a parser of a p2 repository [4].
This is my first code shot. I have been able to parse an old school one. For p2 it is not
working since it cannot yet found properly the files online.

Any contribution to that code would be more than welcomed !

Nicolas

[1] http://code.google.com/p/bushel/
[2] http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/osgi.html
[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/core/trunk/src/java/org/apache/ivy/osgi/updatesite/