ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE How to get libraries into plugin?
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 08:44:11 GMT

Le 7 janv. 2011 à 02:53, Andre-John Mas a écrit :

> On 6-Jan-2011, at 10:16, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
>

>> Le 6 janv. 2011 à 14:42, Andre-John Mas a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am writing an Eclipse plug-in and have specified it dependencies using Ivy.
The project compiles, but I can't seem to work out how to get the libraries into the deployment,
so it fails at export. Is there something I should be doing with IvyDE or with Ivy straight?

>> By deployment, what do you mean ?
>> What are your dependencies ? Should they be part of your plugin or are they OSGi
bundles themselves ?

> I am using some libraries that aren't part of Eclipse. Some are third-party and some
are in-house. They should be included in my plugin when it is created.

You need to make IvyDE retrieve the jars into your project, in some lib folder for instance.
Then edit your plugin configuration, go in the "Runtime" tab and manually add in the "Classpath"
the jar which has been retrieved by IvyDE.

It doesn't seems there is a more automated way of handling this. The jar names have to be
declared in the MANIFEST.MF and the build.properties, and the PDE is requiring that you specify
them by hand.

Nicolas