ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Valerie Wagner <valerie.wag...@sri.com>
Subject Re: Add artifacts to a module already in a repository?
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 19:44:37 GMT
If you already have hibernate installed, and want to add an artifact
that the original publishers didn't include, you'll have to do it "by
hand" by manually editing the ivy.xml for that module. A couple of warnings:

(1) If anyone has already downloaded version X of your module and you
modify it, those people won't necessarily get the changes you made. So
it would be a good idea to increment the version number and "re-publish"
it. (You can manually copy the files/directories in your Ivy repository
to make a new version.)

(2) Since the original authors didn't make this change, the next time
you update to a new version of hibernate, you'll have to go through the
exercise again. In my experience, it's hard to remember that you made
manual changes, so you might want to leave yourself some
hints/breadcrumbs/notes. Also beware of changing a version number to one
that hibernate might use next. You might consider doing something like
modifying the name of the module so you know it's not out-of-the-box,
like "hibernate-custom".

I'm also with you on wishing more orgs would include the license file!

cheers,
Valerie

John Hite wrote:
> I'm new to ivy. I've been going through the tutorials and trying to set up my own ivy
repository. I ran the build-a-repository sample and I am wondering if there is a way to manually
add artifacts to the repository? For example, I have hibernate in my ivy repository and I
would like to add the license file as an artifact. Is there a way to do this?