ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: running into error with ${project_loc}
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:50:25 GMT

Le 18 janv. 2011 à 17:32, Hiller, Dean (Contractor) a écrit :

> I am running into this issue on startup BUT with Ivy...
>

> http://blog.samratdhillon.com/archives/473
>

> I naturally don't want to use ${project_loc:<projectname>} as one poster
> suggested since many people check out 2 versions(one being on the
> production branch and one on the latest).  Checking out 2 versions
> requires 2 different names(and both may not match what I specify in my
> workspace).
>

> I was reading through the variable list of choices.  Is there any other
> choice than ${project_loc} that might work so the ivy_settings file can
> be found on startup and we won't get those errors?
>

> OR is there a way to turn off IvyDE from trying to resolve dependencies
> on startup on per project basis so colleagues inherit my changes and
> stop seeing the error?

This is a known error in using that Eclipse variable. This variable is not well suited for
the use in IvyDE without specifying a project name. IvyDE cannot do much about it as it is
part of the Eclipse API.

A workaround has been implemented for the next release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-247
This IvyDE specific variable ${ivyproject_loc} will do what you exactly want.

Nicolas