ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: making dependency-graphs
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:55:39 GMT
My settings file is very complicated and points to internal thirdparty repositories.  I think
you will have better luck using the example ivy.xml files and ivysetting.xml files in the
test directory of the ivy SVN repo itself.  Inside test/repositories/branches are some settings
files and 2 modules with various branches and versions.  bar depends on foo so running a report
on bar should give you a graph that has both bar and foo inside.  You could fabricate a third
module and make foo be dependent on it (by modifying its ivy.xml file) so that a report on
bar would give you foo and transitively give you your third module.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Felix Drueke [mailto:fdrueke@orga-systems.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:46 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org; Shawn Castrianni
Subject: Re: making dependency-graphs

Can you send me your settings.xml and an example for an ivy.xml with that
you're able to generate graphs with multiple levels of dependencies?
After several tries I wasn't able to do it.
It seems that transitive dependencies don't work in my setup.

Thanks,
Felix

Felix Drueke wrote, on 12/17/2010 02:31 PM:
> So far I only get one level of dependencies in the graph and not those dependencies
> of dependent modules.
> I assumed that this has to do with the 'transitive="true/false"'-setting in my ivy.xml
> but that does seem to be the case.
> I'll keep searching - if you can point me to an obvious mistake, please let me know.
>
> Felix
>

> Shawn Castrianni wrote, on 12/16/2010 07:51 PM:
>> I don't know much about pom.xml's, but I do know about ivy.xml's. If your ivy.xml
points to a dependency that has an ivy.xml with another dependency, both should show up in
the report and the generated png image. I didn't have to do anything special to make that
happen.

>> ---
>> Shawn Castrianni

use dot to convert the dot formatted output to a png image with the following ant target.
I don't remember exactly where I got dot.exe from on the internet, but the dotExecutable is
an ANT variable since it is different depending on which platform ant is running on.

>>> <target name="report" depends="dependencies.check" description="Generate report
on dependencies in several formats">
>>> <delete dir="${env.BUILD_DIR}/report"/>
>>> <mkdir dir="${env.BUILD_DIR}/report"/>
>>> <ivy:report xml="true" graph="true" dot="true" todir="${env.BUILD_DIR}/report"
conf="${env.DEPENDENCY_CONF}" outputpattern="[module](.[ext])"/>
>>> <ac:if>
>>> <isset property="dotExecutable"/>
>>> <ac:then>
>>> <exec executable="${dotExecutable}">
>>> <arg line="-T png -o ${env.BUILD_DIR}/report/graph.png ${env.BUILD_DIR}/report/${ivy.module}.dot"/>
>>> </exec>
>>> </ac:then>
>>> </ac:if>
>>> <reportSandboxes/>
>>> <echo message="${line.separator}Report available at:${line.separator}${env.BUILD_DIR}/report"/>
>>> </target>
>>>

>>> ---
>>> Shawn Castrianni

strictly confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete
this e-mail as well as any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient
you are not authorized to use and/or copy this message and/or attachment and/or disclose the
contents to any other person.

>>> This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged
information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or
disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized
to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of this message.