ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: making dependency-graphs
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 18:51:27 GMT
I don't know much about pom.xml's, but I do know about ivy.xml's.  If your ivy.xml points to
a dependency that has an ivy.xml with another dependency, both should show up in the report
and the generated png image.  I didn't have to do anything special to make that happen.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Felix Drueke [mailto:fdrueke@orga-systems.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:26 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: making dependency-graphs

Thanks Shawn. That looks good.

I have another (probably stupid) question.
In my graph I always just have 1 level of dependencies.
Dependencies of a dependent module are not shown.

What has to be done to show those too?
Is it perhaps that I have to generate pom.xmls for all modules
and store them in my repository?

Felix

Shawn Castrianni wrote, on 12/16/2010 12:29 PM:
> First, I use ivy to produce the dependency report in various formats.  Then, I use dot
to convert the dot formatted output to a png image with the following ant target.  I don't
remember exactly where I got dot.exe from on the internet, but the dotExecutable is an ANT
variable since it is different depending on which platform ant is running on.

>     <target name="report" depends="dependencies.check" description="Generate report
on dependencies in several formats">
>        <delete dir="${env.BUILD_DIR}/report"/>
>        <mkdir dir="${env.BUILD_DIR}/report"/>
>        <ivy:report xml="true" graph="true" dot="true" todir="${env.BUILD_DIR}/report"
conf="${env.DEPENDENCY_CONF}" outputpattern="[module](.[ext])"/>
>        <ac:if>
>           <isset property="dotExecutable"/>
>           <ac:then>
>              <exec executable="${dotExecutable}">
>                 <arg line="-T png -o ${env.BUILD_DIR}/report/graph.png ${env.BUILD_DIR}/report/${ivy.module}.dot"/>
>              </exec>
>           </ac:then>
>        </ac:if>
>        <reportSandboxes/>
>        <echo message="${line.separator}Report available at:${line.separator}${env.BUILD_DIR}/report"/>
>     </target>
>

> ---
> Shawn Castrianni

confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail
as well as any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are
not authorized to use and/or copy this message and/or attachment and/or disclose the contents
to any other person.

> This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information
and delete all copies of this message.