ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE: should not add ivy jar to ant class path in Eclipse
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:39:41 GMT

Le 8 déc. 2010 à 21:24, Kirby Files a écrit :

> Martin Weber wrote on 12/08/2010 03:19 PM:
>> It would be useful, if at least the Ivy preferences in Eclipse would
>> allow to disable the ivy.jar on Ant's class path, since this breaks
>> Ivy's plugin loading mechanism.
>
> Please, though, let's not make such behavior the default. It took long enough to get
the ivy.jar contributed to ant; I'd hate to have to go back to describing to our users how
to set that up in Eclipse again.

I always found weird than the contributed ant tasks in Eclipse could not be unloaded by the
end user. I don't think a preference will be implementable in IvyDE.

I imagine that we would need here to split the Ivy feature into two one so the end user can
select the Ivy-Ant plugin or not.

Could you open a Jira issue about it Martin ?

Nicolas