ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Roos Tomas" <>
Subject RE: IvyDE for Visual Studio and .NET developers
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 07:37:17 GMT

That would off course be great to get more people aware of it!

> But seems weird and confusing to name it IvyDE. IvyDE is about Ivy and
> Eclipse, not VisualStudio. I am not a lawyer but even worst it may conflict
> with the Apache trademark policy.

Actually I was thinking of this before. I didn't know what the DE in IvyDE stands for.
But I guess know it stands for something D..... Eclipse ?

> You should try to find a name that properly define this tool, at least for the
> sake of the users. For instance the plugin for NetBeans is IvyBeans [1].
> What about naming it IvyVisual, or VisualIvy, or Ivy4Visual ?

Sure, I've updated it to IvyVisual to match the other name conventions.
The url is now and the plugins is called IvyVisual.
The old location is redirected to the new one.

> Nicolas
> [1]

Thanks again!

View raw message