ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <>
Subject RE: picking up wrong resolver
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:25:03 GMT
I may be misunderstanding what you're trying to do, but to me, it appears you're listing the
wrong module in the module resolver mappings. These mappings tell ivy, for a given dependency
(or matching wildcard, which resolver to use. You're listing the module on which you are attempting
resolution, rather than its dependencies.

So I would put:
      <module organisation="jquery" name="jquery" resolver="jquery"/>

in your ivysettings

Hmm, I see that the docs don't exactly clear up your confusion. You might want to open a doc
bug describing improved wording which explains that the matcher is for matching dependent

Kirby Files
Software Architect
Masergy Communications
From: Kelly, Sean []
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 6:52 PM
To: ''
Subject: picking up wrong resolver

Hi All,

I'm try to pull down jquery from the google CDN with the following module and settings - but..
the module yoda attempts to use the defaultResolver specified in the settings as opposed to
the resolver named in the module attribute ? - can someone point out where I'm going wrong

<ivy-module version="1.0">
  <info organisation="com.disney" module="yoda"/>
    <dependency org="jquery" name="jquery" rev="1.4.4">
      <artifact name="jquery.min" ext="js"/>

                <properties file="${ivy.settings.dir}/"/>
  <settings defaultResolver="jquery-tools"/>
    <url name="jquery">
      <artifact pattern="[revision]/jquery.min.[ext]"
    <url name="jquery-tools">
      <artifact pattern="[revision]/full/[artifact].[ext]" />

                                <module organisation="com.disney" name="yoda" resolver="jquery"/>

Sean Kelly, Senior Staff Software Engineer
Kerpoof Studios
Disney Interactive Media Group<> | +1.303.551.7220 x117(o) | +1.303.551.7227 (f)
| 1215 Spruce Street, Suite 301, Boulder, CO 80302

View raw message