ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Williams <spamhammer1...@gmail.com>
Subject Exception when using package resolver
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 18:10:03 GMT
Hi,

I recently started using a package resolver for some of my project's
dependencies. It appears to work well for the most part except that at the
end of the build, I occasionally see the following exceptions output to my
console. It is of note that when I see this error output, the build has
still reported as completing successfully.

Exception in thread "Thread-16" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:303)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.packager.PackagerResolver.clearCache(PackagerResolver.java:82)
        at
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.packager.PackagerResolver$1.run(PackagerResolver.java:67)
Exception in thread "Thread-17" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:303)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.packager.PackagerResolver.clearCache(PackagerResolver.java:82)
        at
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.packager.PackagerResolver$1.run(PackagerResolver.java:67)
Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:303)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.packager.PackagerResolver.clearCache(PackagerResolver.java:82)
        at
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.packager.PackagerResolver$1.run(PackagerResolver.java:67)
Exception in thread "Thread-10" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:303)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.packager.PackagerResolver.clearCache(PackagerResolver.java:82)
        at
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.packager.PackagerResolver$1.run(PackagerResolver.java:67)
Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:303)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at org.apache.ivy.util.FileUtil.forceDelete(FileUtil.java:304)
        at
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.packager.PackagerCacheEntry.cleanup(PackagerCacheEntry.java:192)
        at
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.packager.PackagerResolver.clearCache(PackagerResolver.java:78)
        at
org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.packager.PackagerResolver$1.run(PackagerResolver.java:67)

Has anyone seen this before? Is it something that I should be worried about,
or can I safely ignore it since the build appears to be working properly in
spite of that.

Thanks,

-Jonathan