ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Levi Purvis <lpur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ivy-settings.xml file in IvyDE (how to do relative reference?)
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2010 04:55:17 GMT
Yep, but the only way I could figure out was using Eclipse-specific
settings for IvyDE.  In other words, you have to use one mechanism for
IvyDE, and a different mechanism for your command-line build.  Anyway:

 * Right-click the "ivy.xml" classpath container in Eclipse (you can
see it in e.g. Package Explorer).
 * Select "Properties" from the context menu.
 * Select the "Settings" tab.
 * Select "Enable project specific settings".
 * Click the "Workspace" button under "Ivy settings path".
 * Select the path to your ivysettings.xml file anywhere in your
workspace (it can cross projects).
 * Click "Ok".

Repeat for every project.  It looks like the settings are stored in
your .classpath file as parameters on the IVYDE_CONTAINER.

I have all projects referencing a single ivysettings.xml file in a
common "build" project.  Everything works automatically on checkout.
You can use the ivy.settings.dir property to derive the directory path
and bootstrap other properties which refer to paths.