ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nick Bonatsakis <nbonatsa...@gmail.com>
Subject ivy doesn't go to remote repo if partial artifacts are in maven local
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 20:27:28 GMT
Hi Ivy Users,

I am having an issue in a mixed maven/ivy environment where my artifacts are
being stored on a remote Nexus. The scenario is as follows:

Project foo has two artifacts, foo.jar and foo-tests.jar, it is present in
the remote repository.
Project bar uses maven to resolve only foo.jar (this results in the artifact
ending up in the local maven repo).
Project zeta uses ivy and depends on both foo.jar and foo-tests.jar. Ivy
tries to find both artifacts in the local maven repo, however only finds
foo.jar and fails. Ivy is not falling back on resolving the foo-tests.jar
out of the remote repository.

Of note is that if I do not compile bar and there is no trace of foo's
artifacts in the local maven repo, ivy happily resolves both dependencies in
zeta by pulling them from the remote repository.

Anyone have any ieas how I should configure ivy to always fall back on the
remote repo if it can't find what it needs in the maven repo?

Thanks!

--
Nicholas Bonatsakis
Software Engineer