ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: excluded dependencies still downloaded?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 23:17:06 GMT
This should work. Are you sure that you don't depend on junit using another
dependency path? (don't trust on ivy:report for this)
If you are sure of it, could you open a JIRA issue and provide if possible a
simple example so we can reproduce the problem?

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <dean.hiller@broadridge.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Fri, December 10, 2010 7:18:54 PM
Subject: excluded dependencies still downloaded?

I have a virtual module with ivy.xml and all it has for a test is

        <dependency org="org.apache.hadoop" name="hadoop-core"
rev="0.20.2" conf="runtime->default,sources,javadoc">

              <exclude matcher="glob" name="junit"></exclude>

        </dependency>

And it "correctly" does NOT download junit.

Then, I have a many modules to use this virtual module and this module
DOES download junit and when I run the ivy:report

It says the junit came from the line above L.  Does this not work
transitively so I should get all the jars of my virtual module

Exactly as the virtual module defined it?

Thanks,

Dean

and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of
the

attachments from your system.