ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject RE: Is there a good example for using 1.+, etc(publish and resolve)
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:55:57 GMT
Answering ONE of my own questions here.  It turns out with artifactory,
you HAVE to set the defaultResolver to match the name of the chain so
that publish and resolve both work.  That got me one step further but
now, my 1.0.0 dependency will work, but defining 1.0.+ on my own
libraries does not work(but does work on libraries that are external to
our company like junit).  Any ideas on why 1.0.+ does not work(in the
ivy.xml dependency element I mean).

I am not sure if it matters that my module is a virtual module or not
which has release 1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3 in the last hour as I have
been fiddling with the module adding dependencies, etc. and
re-releasing(third number is really the build number for us).

Thanks,

Dean

From: Hiller, Dean (Contractor)
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 12:37 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Is there a good example for using 1.+, etc(publish and resolve)

I keep changing my ivysettings.xml file as I run into issues(like
javadoc stops downloading because of a change but binary is still
downloaded) or in my most recent adventure, it is not even resolving
now.

Currently, my ivysettings.xml file is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ivy-settings>

  <settings defaultResolver="broadridge" />

  <!--Authentication required for publishing (deployment). 'Artifactory
Realm' is the realm used by Artifactory so don't change it.-->

  <credentials host="8.8.8.8" realm="Artifactory Realm" username="admin"
passwd="password"/>

  <resolvers>

      <chain>

      <ibiblio name="broadridge" m2compatible="true"
root="http://8.8.8.8:8081/artifactory/libs-release" />

          <url name="artifactory-publish" m2compatible="true">

                <!-- You can use  m2compatible="true" instead of
specifying your own pattern -->

              <artifact pattern=

"http://8.8.8.8:8081/artifactory/libs-release-local/[organization]/[modu
le]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>

              <ivy
pattern="http://8.8.8.8:8081/artifactory/libs-release-local/[organizatio
n]/[module]/[revision]/ivy-[revision].xml" />

          </url>

    </chain>

  </resolvers>

</ivy-settings>

NOTICE the m2compatible....

I am not sure I need m2compatible on the url resolver?

I am also not sure I need the chain?

On top of that the artifact pattern does not have [type] which means
sources/javadoc might have trouble? (But that was the artifactory
example)

Why is the consumer looking for a pom???  I published a ivy xml file

[ivy:resolve]           module not found: com.broadridge#hbase;1.0

[ivy:resolve]   ==== broadridge: tried

[ivy:resolve]
http://8.8.8.8:8081/artifactory/libs-release/com/broadridge/tools/1.0/to
ols-1.0.pom

I am not sure how to use "pattern" attribute when m2compatible is true
as in that case, shouldn't it be publishing a pom.xml file?  Is there
any examples on this?  I am trying to publish a virtual module and
consume it.  The publish with the above file worked but now consuming it
is not working L.

Very confused user....

Thanks,

Dean