ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Retrieve symlink="true" on Windows
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 23:29:46 GMT
Could you send us the console output when running Ant in verbose mode?

Maarten

________________________________
From: Jonathan Williams <spamhammer1234@gmail.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Thu, December 9, 2010 6:14:38 PM
Subject: Retrieve symlink="true" on Windows

Hi,

We are attempting to implement our build on Windows after having the ant+ivy
solution working well on Linux for about a week now. We were hoping to use
symlinking for compile-time dependencies as on Linux, but we are getting odd
behavior. After jumping through a few hoops with Cygwin 1.7, Ivy appears to be
creating working symlinks in our classpath directory for each project. However
it also appears to be copying the .jar files also! (see attached jpg)

Has anyone seen this before or have experience with using Ivy symlinks on
Windows? Thanks.

-Jonathan