ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Felix Drueke <fdru...@orga-systems.com>
Subject Re: making dependency-graphs
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:31:15 GMT
So far I only get one level of dependencies in the graph and not those dependencies
of dependent modules.
I assumed that this has to do with the 'transitive="true/false"'-setting in my ivy.xml
but that does seem to be the case.
I'll keep searching - if you can point me to an obvious mistake, please let me know.

Felix

Shawn Castrianni wrote, on 12/16/2010 07:51 PM:
> I don't know much about pom.xml's, but I do know about ivy.xml's.  If your ivy.xml points
to a dependency that has an ivy.xml with another dependency, both should show up in the report
and the generated png image.  I didn't have to do anything special to make that happen.

> ---
> Shawn Castrianni

dot to convert the dot formatted output to a png image with the following ant target.  I don't
remember exactly where I got dot.exe from on the internet, but the dotExecutable is an ANT
variable since it is different depending on which platform ant is running on.

>>      <target name="report" depends="dependencies.check" description="Generate
report on dependencies in several formats">
>>         <delete dir="${env.BUILD_DIR}/report"/>
>>         <mkdir dir="${env.BUILD_DIR}/report"/>
>>         <ivy:report xml="true" graph="true" dot="true" todir="${env.BUILD_DIR}/report"
conf="${env.DEPENDENCY_CONF}" outputpattern="[module](.[ext])"/>
>>         <ac:if>
>>            <isset property="dotExecutable"/>
>>            <ac:then>
>>               <exec executable="${dotExecutable}">
>>                  <arg line="-T png -o ${env.BUILD_DIR}/report/graph.png ${env.BUILD_DIR}/report/${ivy.module}.dot"/>
>>               </exec>
>>            </ac:then>
>>         </ac:if>
>>         <reportSandboxes/>
>>         <echo message="${line.separator}Report available at:${line.separator}${env.BUILD_DIR}/report"/>
>>      </target>
>>

>> ---
>> Shawn Castrianni

confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail
as well as any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are
not authorized to use and/or copy this message and/or attachment and/or disclose the contents
to any other person.

>> This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged
information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or
disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized
to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of this message.