ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Martin Weber <m.we...@razorcat.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE: should not add ivy jar to ant class path in Eclipse
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 16:33:08 GMT
Am 10.12.2010 13:39, schrieb Nicolas Lalevée:

> Le 8 déc. 2010 à 21:24, Kirby Files a écrit :
>
>> Martin Weber wrote on 12/08/2010 03:19 PM:
>>> It would be useful, if at least the Ivy preferences in Eclipse
>>> would allow to disable the ivy.jar on Ant's class path, since
>>> this breaks Ivy's plugin loading mechanism.
>>
>> Please, though, let's not make such behavior the default. It took
>> long enough to get the ivy.jar contributed to ant; I'd hate to have
>> to go back to describing to our users how to set that up in Eclipse
>> again.
>
> I always found weird than the contributed ant tasks in Eclipse could
> not be unloaded by the end user. I don't think a preference will be
> implementable in IvyDE.

Hi Nicolas,

its not quite clear to we what the issue has to do with Eclipse's ant
task (eclipse.assembel, etc I guess?).
But I see, my problem description was imprecise: I get the
ClassNotFoundException, when I run Ant from within Eclipse via 'External
Tools/Ant build'.
In a former post on this mailing list, I already complained about the CNFE.
The behaviour changed when I updated IvyDE from
<http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Ant/job/IvyDE-updatesite/lastStableBuild/artifact/trunk/build>

build 57 to build 106.

> I imagine that we would need here to split the Ivy feature into two
> one so the end user can select the Ivy-Ant plugin or not.
>
> Could you open a Jira issue about it Martin ?

Done. IVYDE-271. (Hope I attached enough information)

Martin