ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: any easy way to publish 10 jars not built by me
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 20:59:22 GMT
Hiller, Dean (Contractor) wrote on 12/09/2010 03:46 PM:
> This way, when a new hibernate comes along, we just wipe all the jars
> and drop them in again.  With hibernate, I went down the virtual module
> path, but with hbase, I can't get the latest version and need to put all
> these jars in artifactory which seems tedious...I want to just be able
> to suck them all in.

You can certainly use the ivy:install task to install a jar
(auto-creating an ivy.xml file), but I cannot recommend that approach.

If you're looking to handle version changes easily, I'd try the
packager resolver. I've setup a local packager in my ivy-settings.xml
like so:

   <property name="localpackage.dir"
value="${user.home}/workspace/ivyrep/localpackage" override="false"/>

    <packager name="localpackage"
buildRoot="${user.home}/.ivy2/packager/build"
resourceCache="${user.home}/.ivy2/packager/cache">
       <ivy
pattern="file://${localpackage.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/ivy.xml"/>
       <artifact
pattern="file://${localpackage.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/packager.xml"/>
     </packager>

Then just follow the docs (or an example from Ivy Roundup) to create a
packager.xml telling it where to find the jars or zips. When a new
version is released, just update the SHA1 sigs for the jars and the
version and publication date, and use ivy:install to populate your
repo. Better yet, submit your packager.xml to Ivy Roundup, and
everyone benefits:

http://code.google.com/p/ivyroundup/

Thanks,
---