ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE for Visual Studio and .NET developers
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:28:02 GMT

Le 13 déc. 2010 à 20:15, Roos Tomas a écrit :

> Hi everyone!
>
> I just wanted to tell you all that I've released our internal plugin for handling Ivy
dependencies good with Visual Studio. I guess there isnt alot of .NET developere here thought
I think it will be good for the long lasting purpose that people know that there is a small
port of the IvyDE Eclipse Plugin available for Visual Studio.

> It makes it possible to include project to project references by using the ivy.xml schema
when searching thru a workspace and replaces theese references.

> The developers around .NET using ivy and ant is probably pretty small though i see a
big potential in this build an dependency framework.

> It's available at http://ivyde.codeplex.com

Seems great for the Ivy community. (just seems as I'm not a .NET user at all :) )
We can add a link if you want here: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/links.html

But seems weird and confusing to name it IvyDE. IvyDE is about Ivy and Eclipse, not VisualStudio.
I am not a lawyer but even worst it may conflict with the Apache trademark policy.

You should try to find a name that properly define this tool, at least for the sake of the
users. For instance the plugin for NetBeans is IvyBeans [1].
What about naming it IvyVisual, or VisualIvy, or Ivy4Visual ?

Nicolas

[1] http://code.google.com/p/ivybeans/