ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From James Carr <JamesC...@carfax.com>
Subject using ivy iwth artifactory
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 19:33:38 GMT
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to resolve our ivy dependencies using artifactory so we can take advantage
of the existing maven repositories and have ran into a bit of a snag.

When I try to resolve test dependencies I get the following:

unresolved dependency: org.springframework#spring-test;3.0.5.RELEASE: configuration not public
in org.springframework#spring-test;3.0.5.RELEASE: 'test'. It was required from myorg#jpa-generic-dao;working@M-H5ZZKN1
test

This is my configuration file:

<configurations >

  <!-- Maven styled configurations -->
  <conf name="default" visibility="public" description="runtime dependencies and master
artifact can be used with this conf" extends="runtime,master"/>
  <conf name="master" visibility="public" description="contains only the artifact published
by this module itself, with no transitive dependencies"/>
  <conf name="compile" visibility="public" description="this is the default scope, used
if none is specified. Compile dependencies are available in all classpaths."/>
  <conf name="provided" visibility="public" description="this is much like compile, but
indicates you expect the JDK or a container to provide it. It is only available on the compilation
classpath, and is not transitive."/>
  <conf name="runtime" visibility="public" description="this scope indicates that the dependency
is not required for compilation, but is for execution. It is in the runtime and test classpaths,
but not the compile classpath." extends="compile"/>
  <conf name="test"
                visibility="private"
                description="this scope indicates that the dependency is not required for
normal use of the application, and is only available for the test compilation and execution
phases."
                extends="runtime"/>
  <conf name="system" visibility="public" description="this scope is similar to provided
except that you have to provide the JAR which contains it explicitly. The artifact is always
available and is not looked up in a repository."/>
  <conf name="sources" visibility="public" description="this configuration contains the
source artifact of this module, if any."/>
  <conf name="javadoc" visibility="public" description="this configuration contains the
javadoc artifact of this module, if any."/>
  <conf name="optional" visibility="public" description="contains all optional dependencies"/>
</configurations>

And my Ivy Settings:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ivyconf>
                <settings defaultResolver="artifactory" defaultCache="c:/ivy-cache" />
                 <resolvers>
                                <ibiblio name="artifactory" m2compatible="true" root="http://cfxbuild:8081/artifactory/repo"
/>
                </resolvers>
</ivyconf>

Everything seems to resolve fine, it's just the damn test configuration that gripes all the
time. I have tried setting the visibility to public as well as making it not extend runtime
and it still fails to resolve. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks,
James