ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Peter Skeide <pet...@conduct.no>
Subject vfs resolver hangs when using FTP
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 07:29:56 GMT
Hi

We have encountered a problem when attempting to use the VFS resolver to
pull dependencies from an FTP server. The long and short of it is that Ivy
just "hangs" when it attempts to connect
to the repository. I think it may be a firewall issue. I have tried
connecting to the same server using command line FTP, and it also hangs
until I switch into passive mode. In passive mode everything
works as expected.

Is there a way to tell the VFS resolver to use passive mode when connecting
to an FTP server? I read a couple of apache VFS Jira issues and got the
impression that passive mode is supported, but
only programmatically.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Skeide; +47 905 73 014; fax: 22 33 60 24
Kongens gate 14; Boks 805 Sentrum, 0104 Oslo;

Conduct AS - Professional Open Source Services
- Red Hat/JBoss Premier System Integrator
- Pentaho Preferred Integration Partner
- Atlassian Technology Partner