ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building a meta module
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 17:13:33 GMT
It looks like your problem has to do with your specifying this in your
dependent projects:
       <dependency org="jboss" name="jboss-compile-all" rev="4.3.0_CP06">
               <artifact name="jboss-compile-all" type="xml" />
       </dependency>

As opposed to this:
       <dependency org="jboss" name="jboss-compile-all" rev="4.3.0_CP06" />

I'm kinda puzzled that Ivy is finding anything for the artifact you're
specifying. It's not like you're secifying a file called
jboss-compile-all.xml on top of the ivy.xml. When you refer to a secondary
file, do you mean the ivy.xml?

As a general best practice, modules should depend on other modules through
confs alone, not through artifacts. Artifacts are an implementation detail;
they're not part of the Ivy module interface.