ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Williams <spamhammer1...@gmail.com>
Subject ivy:install ivy.xml output question
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 20:20:23 GMT
Hi all,

I'm a new user of Ivy and have been playing around with the ivy:install
command to try and import some libraries for a project I'm working on. I've
noticed some odd output in the autogenerated ivy.xml files that I don't see
documented or explained in any of the tutorials or online documentation.

It appears to be an xml namespace declaration followed by a bunch of
seemingly extraneous information relating to some sort of maven plugin. Is
all this really necessary? It even appears in the build-a-repository
tutorial output. The lines in question are highlighted.

http://pastebin.com/WsSSd4QX

Normally a few lines wouldn't bother me but when I attempted to ivy:install
a more complicated library, openejb-core-3.1.3, the outputted ivy files are
almost unreadable with all this output.

http://pastebin.com/xJ7wwVzv

I count roughly 100 lines of output I quite frankly don't understand and
don't seem to be finding any information about. Do I have something
misconfigured? Or is this normal and expected output from the ivy:install
command and I should just not worry about it?

Thanks,

Jonathan