ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <>
Subject Re: Newbie Setup open for review
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 21:43:05 GMT
Ole, there was something about the premise to your question that led me into
giving what I see now was a misguided answer. Ivy:cachepath and ivy:retrieve
are both post-resolve tasks. The real heavy lifting is being done by
ivy:resolve. Your performance issues should be the same regardless of which
post-resolve task you use.

Just for sanity's sake, can you construct a target such that only
ivy:resolve is being called? I'd like you to see for yourself that
ivy:resolve is where you're seeing the big performance cost.

Beyond that, I suppose it's possible that your resolve is taking so long
even if everything's already downloaded. This could be a symptom of either
of two things:
* The project itself is really, really big, like containing all the layers
in the application.
* The Ivy confs are too coarse-grained, and you're downloading everything at
once when you only need a subset of dependencies for compiling your main

Even then, there's got to be a bit of a slow-machine factor here, as you

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Ole Langbehn