ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Tim Brown <tpbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Setup open for review
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:17:00 GMT
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Ole Langbehn
<ole.langbehn@googlemail.com>wrote:

> No, that's not the case, ivy does not trigger a download from the remote
> repositories, but takes that much extra time simply to resolve the
> dependencies from the cache. A download takes AGES (since the main remote
> repository is on a slow connection).
>
> Maybe this is indeed a problem that only occurs on my machine, since on
> other machines the resolve is quicker, maybe about 2-3 times.

Check your proxy configuration.  I've seen similar results when we were
inadvertently running through a proxy to get to our repo.

Also try and keep your repo layout as consistent as possible.  The more
artifact patterns you define in your settings, the more potential I/O
operations you'll use.  If you have to use multiple patterns, put the most
frequently used first.

HTH,

~Tim