ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Levi Purvis <lpur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two places download jars are stored
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 00:17:45 GMT
To keep my libs separated, and avoid accidental version intermingling
from latest.integration, I like to setup separated cache directories
that are local to a "workspace" (i.e. set of related projects, or
perhaps a branch vs. trunk).  By setting the useOrigin="true"
attribute on the cache, it combines nicely with local file system
resolvers where the truly common stuff can be installed (e.g. slf4j).
Then I use cachepath, cachefileset, or symlink as was mentioned
already (actually IvyDE in Eclipse most of the time).  I generally
only have one copy of any given version of a jar file, and my
workspaces are still fairly isolated.  Rock on.