ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Publishing Artifacts and Subdirectories
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 13:05:33 GMT
You can do this with setting m2compatible="true" on the resolver you use for
publishing.

regards,
Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: David Harrigan <dharrigan@gmail.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Mon, November 1, 2010 2:28:59 PM
Subject: Publishing Artifacts and Subdirectories

Hiya,

At the moment we are using Artifactory to hold our published jars. In
our organisation element in ivy.xml, we have this:

<info organisation="com.bar.fu.utils" module="xmlprocessor" revision="1.0"/>

When I look at artifactory, it has "com.bar.fu.utils" as the name of
the directory, i.e.,

com.bar.fu.utils
...xmlprocessor

When I look at other artifacts, those that have been retrieved
externally, they all go into subdirectories, i.e., say we were
using the example above, it would be:

com
...bar
......fu
.........utils
............xmlprocessor

I understand that provided that the location of the artifact is
understood, it doesn't matter how it is named, it can be found.
However, is there a way to request Ivy, when publishing, to publish
using subdirectories, i.e., split down the organisation
name based on dots, thus telling Artifactory to use subdirectories (I
take it, this means maven2 compatible?)

-=david=-

--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: B20A22F9
Fingerprint: 110A F423 3647 54E2 880F ADAD 1C52 85BF B20A 22F9

"It is not usually until you've built and used a version of the
program that you understand the issues well enough to get the design
right." - Rob Pike, Brian Kernighan.