ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject RE: Two places download jars are stored
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:17:23 GMT
Just my 2 cents there...I actually like that as I can use component lib
plugin to just suck in all the jars in the folder in the project where I
do NOT want all the jars in the cache.  Ie. I typically have 3-4
projects on my machine and the jars they have in their local are a
subset of all jars in the cache.  This can be why it is
Good to have the duplication of jars..also, when you clean out your
project, the ivy cache is still on your machine as well.  Anyways, just
my 2 cents...you may be solving a different problem though where it
makes more sense to have one and in that case, I am sorry I don't have
enough ivy experience to help there yet.

I personally change the lib default to our one single output folder that
can be cleaned.

Later,
Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Herrig [mailto:dale.herrig@osi.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2010 11:02 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Two places download jars are stored

I noticed that the downloaded jars by default will go the lib directory.
also noticed that these same downloaded jars get put in the ivy cache
directory which by default is where the ivysettings.xml file located.

I am thinking I don't need the down loaded jars in two locations.

The ivy cache would be fine.  However, there does not seem to be a way
dis-able the jars going to the lib directory or some other lib
directory specified in   "ivy.lib.dir".

Yes, I can point "ivy.lib.dir" to the ivy  cache directory which is what
did but now have two copies of the same jars at different locations in
the
ivy cache directory.

Am I missing some additional settings.

Thanks in advance for any guidance on this
attachments from your system.