ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject ivy not loading ivy.xml from correct location?
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:42:28 GMT
I have an ant target tooldownload like so

      <target name="tooldownload" depends="ivydownload">

            <ivy:settings file="${config}/ivy.xml"/>

            <ivy:retrieve
pattern="${dependencies}/[conf]/[artifact]-[revision]-[type].[ext]"
sync="true"/>

      </target>

Check the ant log and ivy loads the correct file at first then complains
it can't find it at a different location...what is going on?

tooldownload:

[ivy:retrieve] :: Ivy 2.2.0 - 20100923230623 ::
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ ::

[ivy:retrieve] :: loading settings :: file =
C:\AAROOT\area1\ormlayer\bldfiles\ivy.xml

[ivy:retrieve] C:\AAROOT\area1\ormlayer\ivy.xml (The system cannot find
the file specified) in file:

/C:/AAROOT/area1/ormlayer/ivy.xml

So I try this instead...

      <target name="tooldownload" depends="ivydownload">

            <ivy:configure file="${config}/ivy.xml"/>

            <ivy:retrieve
pattern="${dependencies}/[conf]/[artifact]-[revision]-[type].[ext]"
sync="true"/>

      </target>

Same issue, so I try this...

      <target name="tooldownload" depends="ivydownload">

            <echo message="test3"/>

            <property name="ivy.settings.file"
value="${config}/ivy.xml"/>

            <ivy:retrieve
pattern="${dependencies}/[conf]/[artifact]-[revision]-[type].[ext]"
sync="true"/>

      </target>

Same error except with my test3 message(just making sure I was changing
and running the same file.  What gives here?  My structure

Of my project is

<project>/bldfiles/build.xml and the baseDir=".."

Is the Ivy tasks not reading the basedir property correctly or
something?  I don't get what is going on.  We execute ant from a
build.bat

File at the top level of the project.  Ie. Build.bat has ant -f
bldfiles/build.xml.

Does this not work?  Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Dean