ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <Kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject RE: IvyDE - GWT projects in Eclipse
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 22:28:51 GMT
We follow the GWT convention of putting .java files for all client packages in the runtime
jar artifacts which we publish for our GWT modules. This works fine. See other GWT projects
(GXT, tatami, gwt-mosaic) -- they all do this the same way.

Thanks,
---
Kirby Files
Software Architect
Masergy Communications
kfiles@masergy.com
From: Levi Purvis [lpurvis@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:48 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: IvyDE - GWT projects in Eclipse

Hello,

I'm trying to get a multi-project build with GWT working in Eclipse,
utilizing Ivy and IvyDE.  For client-side GWT code (i.e. the Java code
that will be translated to JavaScript), the GWT compiler requires that
the source code for dependencies is available on the classpath.

IvyDE does a fantastic job of "attaching" source to JAR files in
Eclipse, however this does not make the source visible on the
classpath.  This feature appears to be getting in the way when I try
to explicitly declare the source artifact as a dependency (i.e. it
doesn't work).  I could definitely use some pointers here, as
searching for this problem has not turned up anything.