ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Clitheroe <g.clithe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using IVY programatically
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:08:43 GMT
Yep I get what you're saying, this is just a different approach.  We still
use Ivy to manage the dependencies it's just the build step merges our code
and all the dependencies together into a single jar instead of delivering a
jar and trying to fetch the dependencies at run time.

This project use Ivy for it's deps:

http://codegeo.org/fisheye/browse/cwb/GeoNetCWBQuery/trunk/ivy.xml?r=HEAD

and proguard to repackage (and in the process shrink the download).  Search
for proguard in:

http://codegeo.org/fisheye/browse/cwb/GeoNetCWBQuery/trunk/build.xml?r=HEAD&content=true

Which delivers a single executable (grab the Jar and run jar tf on it)

http://codegeo.org/archiva/browse/nz.org.geonet/GeoNetCWBQuery/2.2.2

FWIW docs are here (if you care to download lots of seismic data)

http://www.geonet.org.nz/resources/basic-data/waveform-data/index.html

It's an approach that has worked very well for us (and the users).

Cheers,
Geoff