ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Levi Purvis <lpur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with "Resolve Dependencies in workspace"
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2010 03:46:19 GMT
I'm pretty new to this as well, but from my experiences so far, and
some recent threads - the following might help.

* In Window -> Preferences -> Ivy -> Workspace Resolver -- check
"Ignore version when resolving workspace projects".

* Repeat the equivalent setting as above per-project if you use
per-project settings (svn:externals makes this easy if you use
subversion).

* Use a dynamic revision for your workspace dependencies, such as
"latest.integration" (I use a property so it's easy to switch).

* Define a <module> for your org in ivysettings.xml, and enable
dynamic resolveMode.  Make sure that all projects are configured for
the same settings file (a workspace relative path makes this easy).

    <module organization="com.foobar" resolveMode="dynamic" />

There really should be a "cookbook" for some of this common stuff.
There seems to be alot of moving parts to get just right.