ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Levi Purvis <lpur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE - GWT projects in Eclipse
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 23:02:44 GMT
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Stephen Haberman wrote:

>> I'm trying to get a multi-project build with GWT working in Eclipse,
>> utilizing Ivy and IvyDE.
>
> I have this setup outside of IvyDE, by adding the folders manually to
> the classpath of the GWT launcher. E.g. I have a foo-project.launch file
> which starts DevMode, then in the classpath tab, add folders for:
[snip]

Thanks for the tips Stephen.  It actually seemed to be working for me
automatically when the dependency was another open project.  Though
maybe it was Google's GWT plugin that was compensating.  It is the jar
files where things break down.

I was hoping to get this working for a small pet project, partially as
a learning exercise.  The next goal being a large build with around 90
projects (20 or so with GWT or shared-with-GWT code).  :-)  It would
be great to be able to checkout only certain projects, and have IvyDE
automatically shuffle all of the build paths between open projects and
jars.

I think I'm going to experiment with either custom retrieves, and/or
repackaging the binary jars to include both the .class files and .java
files.