ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "David Sills" <DSi...@datasourceinc.com>
Subject An odd occurrence with IvyIDE
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:29:21 GMT
All:

I really appreciate working with IvyIDE, but it seems to be causing me
some problems with Eclipse Helios. I have a setup where my projects are
all in a folder C:/Projects/dsi java common. The projects look like
this:

Projects

 |--dsi java common [this does have spaces in it]

     |--build

     |--dsi-common

     |--dsi-web

     |--...

I put the ivysettings.xml file and ivysettings.properties file in the
"build" directory and IvyIDE finds them in the file browser and
identifies them as
"file:/C:/Projects/dsi%20java%20common/build/ivysettings.xml" and
"C:\Projects\dsi java common\build\ivysettings.properties" (why one
should be a URL and the other a file path is a little odd, but OK).

For the Eclipse project at "dsi-common", I immediately get a result that
the ivysettings.xml file cannot be found! Even if I go to the ivy.xml
file and use the Add Ivy Library... option, reset the project to use
project-specific settings and relocate the ivysettings.xml file in the
file browser, it still says it can't find the file (!).

Interestingly, if I put the same ivysettings.xml file in the Projects
directory, everything works fine. If I put it in Projects/dsi java
common, however, it fails again.

So, on the assumption that the spaces might be causing the problem
(shades of DOS!), I renamed the directory dsi-java-common. The problems
went away.

I don't know if this is a bug, or if (if it is a bug), it's IvyIDE's bug
or Eclipse's, but I thought someone would want to know.

David Sills