ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "David Sills" <DSi...@datasourceinc.com>
Subject RE: How to exclude sources when building using Ant
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:13:43 GMT
Steve:

Even looking at the docs under artifact (I have no idea how I'd have
gotten there from the "type" attribute in the Ant task) I can only infer
that there are two defined types. Nowhere is it spelled out that there
are only the two types, or what either actually means in practice.

I have no difficulty with "spelled out" - I prefer it, in general. But
then Ivy adds magic into the mix (e.g., one set of JAR files with a
particular naming convention [the source JAR files] gets silently
removed when the type="jar" - what if I wanted all source JAR files, but
no source *.java files?) and it becomes frustrating.

David Sills