ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "David Sills" <DSi...@datasourceinc.com>
Subject How to exclude sources when building using Ant
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 12:38:03 GMT
All:

I have finally managed to successfully integrate at least a beginner's
setup for Ivy into my project, after a bit of head-banging. However,
another problem has arisen.

What really helped me was that since I was using Spring, I was able to
build the Spring codebase, which enabled me to see a real project with
Ivy in action. That seemed to help a lot (also, a bunch of additional
JAR files were downloaded in the process, which went immediately into my
cache).

Now I am getting the imports I need (and some I don't actually need)
using ivy:retrieve in Ant. No objection to having the license files, but
I really don't need the *-source-*.jar files (which are, however, in the
cache, and it's not such a bad thing, having them).

I'm not quite understanding how not to retrieve these files during my
build. Any suggestions would be welcome.

David Sills