ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "David Sills" <DSi...@datasourceinc.com>
Subject RE: Question about documentation
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 15:43:01 GMT
Kirby:

Thanks, but again, your response is so much beyond what I understand as
to be less useful than I'm sure you intended it to be. Thanks for the
intent, at least.

I'll have to fuss with this for some more time on my own, I suppose. My
biggest problem at this point <emphasis>is</emphasis> my frustration,
which is being taken out on Ivy rather than on the documentation, where
it properly belongs. I really don't want to do that - I want to be
useful and contribute. But it's difficult to feel useful when you can't
do the first thing that comes out of box (beyond, of course, the simple
tutorial examples).

I will ask about more specific issues as they come up, but at this point
I honestly don't understand even enough to ask questions. And this
should give someone pause, given what I bring to the table in the way of
experience and intelligence.

Again, many thanks for your intent.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirby Files [mailto:Kfiles@masergy.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 8:30 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: RE: Question about documentation

Sorry, David, I cannot help provide a link to different documentation.
In regards to understanding Ivy better, one thing that I'd recommend is
reading everything you can about the dependency conf attribute and
defaultConfMapping. I didn't truly understand what I was doing with Ivy
until I had a good grasp on how Ivy configurations worked for recursive
dependencies.

If you want specific help rather than just discussing your frustration,
please provide ivy.settings, ivy.xml files, ant fragments, and the
issues you are having, and usually many people on this list are happy to
help.

Thanks,
---
Kirby Files