ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From fnord <>
Subject Intermittent resolve failures
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:06:29 GMT

I'm running Archiva 1.3.1 standalone, and hitting it with Ivy 2.2.0. We've
been running this setup for years now, at least the Ivy/Archiva part,
although versions have obviously changed throughout that time.

We've always had a problem where a build will fail because of UNRESOLVED
DEPENDENCIES. We'll see something like:

[ivy:resolve] :::: ERRORS
[ivy:resolve] 	SERVER ERROR: Unable to fetch artifact resource.

The "url" part of the build output is a link, and it *works*. If I click it
after the failed build, it works perfectly. So we regularly have builds
failing under continuous integration because of failed Ivy resolves that
should work. Running them a second time will clear it up, sometimes it even
takes a 3rd time.

We had this issue running on a build box in a VM, so I moved it to a faster
server running on genuinely badass hardware, and still the problem persists.
I've tried moving it to Tomcat, and had the same issues.

Has anyone else run into this? Can anyone think of a good way to deal with
Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message