ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Chris Geer <christopher.s.g...@lmco.com>
Subject Problems with "Resolve Dependencies in workspace"
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 22:00:29 GMT

I have about 20 projects all building with ant and ivy just fine from the
command line. I just imported them into eclipse and with "Resolve
Dependencies in Workspace" turn OFF everything works great. All the
dependencies are pulled in from the local repository and no errors. I would
like to avoid having to publish/resolve every time I make a change to a
project and make use of the Eclipse project links if possible however every
time I turn on "Resolve Dependencies in Workspace" my projects suddenly
can't find their linkages.

Symptoms
 - Lots of "Unresolved reference" errors saying it can't find classes
 - When I enable the "Resolve Dependencies in workspace" feautre and watch
the progress bar it seems like it doesn't take the dependencies into account
when it re-builds the projects (don't know if that's an issue).

Reasons why I think it should work
 - Some projects resolve just fine, some don't. For example, lets say I have
project A, B and C. Both A and B are dependent on C. A will resolve C just
fine but B will throw errors
 - Even on the projects with problems, if I expand the Ivy classpath
container, I see the correct projects listed. So going on my example above,
if I looked in project B I would see project C listed as a dependency
however it will still say it can't find it.
 - If I edit a java file in project B (the one with problems) and start
typing an import statement, auto-complete will show the classes from project
C. As soon as I finish the statement it will underline it red and say it
can't find it.
 - As soon as I turn off "Resolve Dependencies in workspace" all the errors
go away.

Any thoughts?