ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Anthony D <anthony.dilor...@gmail.com>
Subject IvyDE fails to resolve transitive dependencies in workspace
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 17:46:15 GMT

Hi,

Someone on our team ran into a little snag with resolving dependencies in
workspace. Let me give you the scenario:

- Eclipse is globally set to resolve dependencies in workspace
- Project A depends on Project B depends on Project C
- All projects are Ivy enabled and stored in an Ivy repository

The developer was working on Project A in his Eclipse workspace. He also
needed to make changes to Project C, so he imported that project into his
workspace.

To our surprise Project A's ivy.xml container still referred to Project C
from the repository, even after an Ivy | Resolve.

I thought the point of setting "resolve dependencies in workspace" is to
transcend versioning and simply link a project with the same org and name?
It doesn't seem to flow through transitive dependencies if one of the
"middle" projects is not in the workspace.

Is this by design?

The work-arounds are:
1) Import each project in between into the workspace
2) Or add Project C into Project A's ivy.xml as a dependency