ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Multiple artifacts
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 21:05:41 GMT
I think the problem is that Ivy won't use your ivy.xml containing these 2
artifacts.
Could you check that ${deploy.dir}/ivys/ivy-1.1.xml exists and defines your 2
artifacts?

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: David Sills <DSills@datasourceinc.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Fri, October 22, 2010 12:48:30 PM
Subject: Multiple artifacts

All:

I've managed to get Ivy working quite successfully (though I don't
always understand exactly <strong>why</strong> it works) for my project.
However, I'm trying something new and I don't quite understand why it
doesn't work.

I'm working on a project that contributes to a library I use to base
other projects on. The project originally published a single artifact:

  <publications>
    <artifact name="dsi-springmvc"/>
  </publications>

This worked great. However, it is a web-based system, and includes some
JSP tags as well. These are packaged in a separate JAR file with its own
TLD, which is being correctly built to the right directory for Ivy, that
is, my build process deposits the "dsi-springmvc-tags-1.1.jar" right
next to the "dsi-springmvc-1.1.jar". I thought this would work:

  <publications>
    <artifact name="dsi-springmvc"/>
    <artifact name="dsi-springmvc-tags"/>
  </publications>

It doesn't. The ivy publish Ant task still only publishes the one
artifact (JAR file) to the repository:

ivy-publish:
[ivy:publish] :: publishing :: com.datasourceinc#dsi-springmvc
[ivy:publish]     published dsi-springmvc to
U:/shared\\repositories\\internal\\com.datasourceinc\dsi-springmvc\\1.1\
\dsi-springmvc-1.1.jar
[ivy:publish]     published ivy to
U:/shared\\repositories\\internal\\com.datasourceinc\\dsi-springmvc\\1.1
\\ivy-1.1.xml
publish:

My Ivy target is as follows:

  <target name="ivy-publish" depends="jar">
    <ivy:publish
artifactspattern="${deploy.dir}/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
pubrevision="${version.number}" update="true" resolver="local"
overwrite="true"/>
  </target>

The schema suggests that multiple artifacts are possible, so I must be
doing something wrong. I have looked at the documentation but don't see
an obvious problem. Does anyone else? Thanks!

David Sills