ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Klaas Reineke <klaas.Rein...@blau.de>
Subject RE: Using IVY programatically
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 07:24:25 GMT
Hi,

there is a programmatical API but it does not provide all the nice tasks that exists for ANT.
Sadly a lot of the cool features Ivy includes is directly tied to ANT and uses ANT data structures.
I tried to build a ruby gem for Ivy to be used with buildr and in the end had to fall back
to the ANT interface.

Regards Klaas

-----Original Message-----
From: Shay Tessler [mailto:shay.te@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 12:27 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Using IVY programatically

hey all.

i am writing an java application based on plug-ins ,
i wish to use IVY ,to help me with dependencies issue when installing a
plug-in at run time

each plug-in should have some jar's he depends on ,
i need IVY to help me with what jar i can keep and what jar are not
necessary

i am new to IVY ,and i notice only XML configuration tutorial

is there an API and examples how to use IVY problematically
just to tell me what files to download , and i can trigger the download
manually

thank you